Friday 24 June 2011

East Kent Hospitals Trusts and NHS Professionals are... C*nTs!

Excuse me ladies for using the ‘C' word! But I really don’t know how much more I can tolerate from my employers!

I have just received a letter from my employers informing me that “workforce efficiency group” which incidentally sounds like a made up title for a bunch of morons who earn far too much money making up farcical names to justify their own bloated existence to the tax payer! Have just decided in their infinite wisdom, that (me), earning Just above the minimum wage, needs to take a pay cut, to help East Kent Hospitals reduce their budget deficient. Is it possible to get much more blood from a stone? I can think of a few ways to save money and I would not start at the very bottom; I.e. the people who work in the same trust as myself, but get paid such hideous amounts of public money that the HR department thinks it is much wiser not to disclose the salary and benefits when vacancies get shuffled around at the top.

Really not good timing today! I have just awoken from a twelve-hour night shift on a heavy and busy orthopedic ward - I did not have time to take a break last night (that’s twelve hours on my feet, which is extremely illegal especially when looking after post-operative high dependency patients and major trauma cases.) The management response is to fill out a clinical incidence form when these occasions arise, which we all know is a load of old bollox because…

1) We don’t have time – not all of us can afford to employ a private secretary at work; (well thats not our problem you need to make the time sunny jim?) No, we really don’t have time you fecking twats, because we work like slaves for (feck all money) to make your budgets balance! As long as it all looks pretty and good on the surface? Yes, that’s what really matters.

2) We have it on very good authority that these forms just get chucked into the bin and so nothing ever gets done – so I have better things to do with my time at work… like (try) to care for patients. You know? Real Patient care (a novel concept) Not all of us in the NHS sit around board rooms and cynically put our snouts into the troft!

I doubt very much that the people in the ‘orwellian workforce efficiency group’ come to work on an average day and have to put up with disgusting and understaffed working conditions that exist in this farcical place that tries to pass as a hospital! I doubt very much that the ‘orwellian workforce efficiency group’ has to constantly apologise to patients and relatives (at the coalface) for a continually failing NHS trust, supporting a top-heavy bloated plutocracy. And no, I am not talking about the contrived statistics from an agreeable and clueless private sector marketing company such as ‘Dr Foster’, but the real angst and frustration of the people I work with everyday who just want to do their job well.

No comments: